Now that you have found the wedding dress of your dreams, or Pinterest board, it’s time to start another gown-shopping journey. Oftentimes finding that perfect dress for everyone in your party can seem like a daunting task. We recently had the opportunity to talk with the ladies at Rubie & Jane, they shared a few tips with us in hopes of making your dress shopping a little less stressful and a lot more fun. We would like to wish you all the luck in saying yes to the dresses.
• Usually a bride’s main concern is finding a style that fits everyone. Stick to a classic flowing silhouette (usually empire-waist style) that will flatter all shapes and sizes.
• Bridesmaid’s dresses should be a reflection of your vision for your wedding. The color and style can help set the tone of the wedding just as much as your menu and flowers.
• Try to be open to colors not being an exact match to each other (i.e. tablecloths, flowers, dresses, etc.) Different tones of the same color will give depth to your wedding décor.
• With so many options available, you can choose to mix styles in the same color or mix both style and color together.
• For a twist on tradition, you can choose one style and have each bridesmaid in a different color that complements your wedding.
• Allow for plenty of time before your wedding for special order and alterations. A safe ordering period is six months before the wedding date.
If you need a little extra guidance or just want an excuse to get your group of bridesmaids, aka best friends together call (936) 637-1084 or stop by and see them in downtown Lufkin.